05-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/f...-lavys-future/

Last section:

On pursuit for a No. 1 defenseman to replace injured star Chris Pronger:

ďUs and 29 other teams are looking for that guy. Itís a never-ending quest to try to find that defenseman that can play all situations. Maybe you have to draft that guy. I donít know. I like our defensemen when the top 5 guys are healthy. If we could find the right guy and put him into that mix, it would make them better. Obviously, youíre not going to replace a Chris Pronger, but if you can find the right guy who plays on your power play and kills penalties ÖĒ

People might not see it as much, but fact is, Holmgren pretty much admits that the only way to get a number one defenseman is to draft one.

As for acquiring a defenseman, if the rumours are true about the Canucks blowing things up, I'd be certainly interested in seeing if a Hartnell/Edler swap could be arranged......
I was talking to one of their fans about a Couts + Hartnell for Edler and Kassian deal. Salaries are a wash, our D gets much better. We would then look for forward help thru UFA which is MUCH easier than finding Defensive help.