View Single Post
05-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I thought about that a bit too,especially the part about them getting caught in their own zone for an extended period.
Probably, the idea is that if you have enough bodies and legs and sticks in the prime scoring areas, you mathematically increase your chance of screwing up the oppositions play.

That strategy still strikes me as suspect, for the very reason that the Rangers award guys like Green with a luxury he should not have. When the Rangers try to throw the puck out of the zone on the boards, where are the Rangers to make it hard for the opposition pointman to stop it, regain composure and set it up? Rangers are conceding it, and that is not good.
Exactly. If they shoot, they're either hitting something or it has to go wide. I think that's a good way to carry it if the ones on the ice are gassed. Just get in front of their shots.

Also, when the Rangers sit back, it looks like it's throwing the Capitals flow off. When the Rangers would pressure, it'd open up a lane for the player with the puck to skate around or for a Cap to get open. Then the chances for the Caps go up. Instead, they're keeping the Caps play along the perimeter which means less scoring chances and low percentage shots. Of course it won't always be perfect, like the funny deflections.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote