View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Bobblehead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Havent read the thread, but to anyone citing the report gregor was referencing (How Que kids are safer) he says both AB bantam kids and Que bantam kids face same risk of injury.

Does anyone know the % of injuries for Que bantams when there was hitting in peewee vs. when it started in bantam. That would be more telling.

I also take into account the different nature of hockey in quebec vs AB. Imagine some quebec bantam team vs a farm town AB team, jesus, I played rep city hockey and the provincials we got served by the farm kids, just destroyed.
Likely no statistics available for hitting in pee-wee in Quebec. There was none when I was in Atom. They brought it in for 2 years when I was in pee-wee (but only rep leagues) and then they got rid of it. No one was tracking this type of thing in the 80's.

Quebec has a large rural population too. Lots of farm kids in Quebec. Quebec isn't just Montreal. Have you ever watched the Quebec Semi Pro (Wrestling) Hockey League.... most of those guys grew up playing in Quebec and that's a very violent (bush) league. There's no fact there....just opinion. The Quebec junior teams are doing fine in the Memorial Cup against western farm boys. Champions the last 2 years.

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote