View Single Post
Old
01-02-2004, 04:21 PM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Sorry, I never saw what you claim Ekman said, and thanks to the internet, I read just about every article published in the NYC area about the Rangers. Especially during the summer. And if I knew that he said it I wouldn't hide it to further my cause. There's certainly plenty of ammunition out there to support just about any viewpoint without stretching things.

I saw your post first so you win the prize, I will respond to rangerdiehard when I have an extra moment. And inquiring minds are waiting to know your answer to the question: what is the ultimate goal of a hockey team?
Selective reading? I already answered that not only in this thread but another i believe. The main goal is to win the Stanley Cup. IF you want to base your entire feelings on Sather by that, then yes he has been a failure. But as i say OVER AND OVER but you seem to overlook, he has IMO improved(not rebuilt) the system and improved the talent level on the team. Most of his trades work out or are complete steals and most of his signings are at least decent except for a few. So i look at Sather has a decent general manager. Not great, but not ****** either.

Can you read that ok?