09-24-2006, 01:31 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B. View Post
Here's the roster I'd like to see:

Line 1 (C-RW-LW): Patrice Bergeron - Petr Kalus - Marco Sturm

Sturm is fast; Kalus has some grit. Bergeron is both.

Line 2: Marc Savard - Glen Murray - Shean Donovan

Donovan is a high intensity guy who can skate well, and remind Savard/Murray that there is more to life than standing still in the o-zone and looking for one timers.

Line 3: Phil Kessel - Brad Boyes - PJ Axelsson

Two good two way veteran players with Kessel. Axelsson's transition game will creat more offense if he is sending Phil Kessel in alone instead of Travis Green. Boyes is responsible in the defensive end, and is equally good at playamking and scoring in the offensive zone. He'll help Kessel find his offensive game.

Line 4: Mark Mowers - Yan Stastny - Wayne Primeau

From what I saw against NJ, I really like Mowers a lot. He deserves to center this line, and to be the guy who moves up to the top three lines if someone gets hurt. If he had any sort of offensive game, he'd be an established regular in the league.

Extra forward: No one (or anyone but Brookbank). Will probably be Brookbank.

Defense 1: Chara - Mara

Split up Chara and Stuart, so that one or the other will almost always be on the ice. The Bruins want Chara to get more involved offensively, so he pairs with Mara, their most proven offensive defenseman.

Defense 2: B. Stuart - Jurcina

Stuart and Jurcina played well together at times last year.

Defense 3: Alberts - Dempsey

Steady veteran plus second year guy Alberts.

Extra defenseman: York

Power play 1: Bergeron - Boyes - Kessel - Chara - Mara
Power play 2: Savard - Murray - Sturm - B.Stuart - Jurcina

Most of the PP time at defense would go to Chara, Mara and Stuart.

PK forwards: Mowers, Axelsson, Bergeron, Boyes, Sturm, Murray
PK defensemen: Alberts, Chara, Stuart, Jurcina
I'll pass on this too.. as far as the PP goes based on what has gone on in the pre-season I would be shocked not to see Savard on the first PP unit.. my hope however is that he's joined by Bergeron and Boyes up front. Kessel, although a small sample size, has shown he can play center and could easily be the pivot on the number two unit.. and come on that first unit would be rediculous.

What I'd like to see.

Sturm/Kessel-Bergeron-Boyes
Sturm/Kessel-Savard-Murray
Axellson-Mowers/Primeau-Donovan
Hoggan-Mowers/Primeau-Statsny
Reserved - Brookbank for the occasional rough stuff

I love Kalus but I think he might be better playing top line minutes.. unfortunately it won't be at providence.

Chara-Jurcina
Stuart-Mara
Alberts-Dempsey -- whatever the pairs may be these are the top 6 I'd like to see.

7th D - York

PP1
Boyes-Savard-Bergeron-Chara-Mara
PP2
Sturm-Kessel-Murray-Stuart-Jurcina

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote