View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 01:51 AM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
Well that really says everything that needs to be said, doesn't it.
Im sure there are studies that show it is beneficial to wash your hands after going to the bathroom. That may hold value for some, but those with a modicum of common sense probably figured that out on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
Taking a break for two years and going back is a lot different from entering a division where everyone is learning to hit. You were playing against players much more experienced with contact than you.

Ironically the solution of seperating contact at peewee and earlier would put a lot of children in that exact same situation. Kids are going to want to move from non-contact to contact and vice versa (not such a problem).

That kid moving to contact against experienced players is in a ton more danger in my opinion than a kid moving into contact and learning the same time as his pears.

The solution of not allowing a child to move from non-contact to contact won't hold up in courts either in my opinion.
The options should be there so those who want to proceed in one direction of the other are afforded the opportunity to do so.

If someone decides to be wishy washy about it and ping pongs back and forth between the two leagues, then that is a dilemma of their own creation.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote