View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 05:16 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
I'm sure they loved the guys, and I'm sure the coaches were good teachers, but if you look at the product on the ice, it reflects the coaching staff. If people want to blame Ruff for the team's shortcomings, then the assistants need to be held accountable too. Though Ruff may have a system in place, the assistants need to coach these players the small things in the game.

When you watch this team, they failed at coaching the small things to become successful; these include, but are not limited to: Winning Faceoffs, Body positioning with and without the puck, PP movement, Skating, Hand Eye Coordination drills, strength and conditioning, penalty killing, clearing the zone, defensive awareness, offensive awareness, etc. When you add those things together they can equate to a functional and successful team. This coaching staff, as a whole, failed.

I'll give Ron a chance, but I'm not giving him the amount of rope Ruff had. I would like to see what kind of staff he can put together.
Can't agree with this more. Especially PP and PK. I believe we need a fresh front on the assistants.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote