View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Habitant le colon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Player for player, It's a very difficult trade to smooth out. They bring two entirely different roles to the table and it's difficult to put one over the other. Just looking over the Free Agents list, a couple players jump out at me as potential filler. Stephen Weiss (Habs management has wanted him for forever), Saku Koivu (perhaps too old), Nik Antropov, Patrick Elias (old), and Simon Gagne (fragile). All of them bring something similar to what Plekanec brings. Obviously none are at his level but each bring good two way play and offensive ability. Stephen Weiss would be my #1 target as his level of play is still top-notch and can slide to wing if needed.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Ryan
Weiss-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

If we're not good to get Clarkson, Clowe, Bickell etc. I'd honestly look at Dustin Penner. His play has fallen off hugely but he's still got some game left in him. Might be an interesting addition.

That's not really something to cheer about
I don't want to be rude but it's time to change and heil Captain is done to me so yeah I cheer for a 5.000 free cap ... but your right it's sad for Gio who is a fierce player and a great leader but the team need to go foward ...