View Single Post
05-09-2013, 07:08 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
This includes vision and passing skills.

Not including Richards, I feel like he's probably 4th but a distant 4th at this point in his career.
"At this point in his career" is a bit dramatic. I'd like another season/start before branding Richards a decline player at age 33.

They all have different strengths even on a seemingly coordinated skill. Step makes some really solid tape to tape quick, strong and locked and loaded passes that makes it very difficult for goaltenders to stop if the shooter executes. Brassy has a great sense of what's going on and will find subtle plays and openings with his vision and more importantly, he's the most aware of playing making and passing opportunities. Zucc is similar to Brassard in that fashion. Zucc's strength from what I've seen is the ability to make a play really quick and make it count. It may not always be a mesmerizing pass but he's ready to dish the puck as soon as he gets it because he's oriented toward play making (on this team anyway).

Strictly speaking on the skill of literally making a pass, Step has the best pass.
The vision and hockey sense involved in passing, Brass gets my vote over Zucc.

Lerb is offline   Reply With Quote