View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 09:13 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
You seem to by implying that the problem with those guys was their development, rather than a lack of talent.

Stolarz is far from a sure thing. Pretty much every drafted goalie is a question mark. But he has a combination of size and natural athleticism that seems far superior to the other recently drafted players. No reason not to get excited about that, as long as people recognize that goalies are a crapshoot.
Unfortunately none of us can truly differentiate between whether those drafted had the talent and didn't develop (fault of the coaching staff) or didn't have the talent to begin with (fault of the scouts). However, the fact that this team gave away the frontrunner for this season's Vezina confirms that they don't have a clue when it comes to goaltending.

I agree with you 100% about every drafted goalie is a question mark. However, I can't get excited about a goaltending prospect any more. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me me a dozen times? What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result.