View Single Post
Old
09-24-2006, 05:24 PM
bb74

vCash: 500
Some random thoughts - starting on D - both Stuart and Jurcina are right side guys so I'd expect something more along the lines of the following....

Mara-Chara
Alberts-Stuart
York-Jurcina
Dempsey

Lashoff and Sigalet in providence - we have enough puck carriers on the back-end for this season - let the guys groom with Stuart in Providence. I'm still not convinced for Alberts OR York for that matter so this is a 20 game test to see who stays before making a deal for a legit #4 if none of the guys proves his mettle in the early goings.

As for forward, there is any number of options but I think Kessel with a guy like Donovan could do some damage - great speed and the ability to get help on defensive coverage. As much as Lewis was mentioning Axe maybe having more scoring potential, I don't think he meant this to suggest he spot time on the first line - more that he can contribute to an offensive game plan on the 3rd - with Kessel and Donovan (playing the same role as in the Olympics)

For me - BBS stays together, Kalus on the 2nd line - plays the Knuble game for Murray and Savard (cycle and one timer), Axe-Kessel-Donovan 3rd line (Kessel plays the Rolton game looking for the breakout pass to turn the burners on and go in 1 on 1), Stastny-Primeau-Mowers - there's your grind line for the 4th. Hoggan extra and all the others in Providence. If Kalus can't cut it, that's your demotion and one of the Providence guys get's a chance before spending on a deal to get a legit LW (either D or forwards will get upgraded after the 20 game shot to stick - Chia has time to weigh his options on that one.)

If Lewis can get one of Chara or Stuart out there when Kessel is centering, I'm not that concerned about the defensive coverage as they can REALLY help fill the gaps with the others on his wings. That's a major improvement from where we've been these past few years.

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote