Old
01-02-2004, 04:58 PM
puckstopper55

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to puckstopper55
defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by herecomesdabus
Isles goaltending has finally come around.

With the current injuries(Parrish out 8wks) the Isles need their Defense to carry the team and I think they are finally coming around. They have not been lettting too many shots by and have looked pretty solid.

Aucoin is solid and so is KJ. Hamrlik and Niniimaa are finally coming around as well and finally adjusting to the defensive trapping style the Isles now play.

I think some have been wondering about Hamrlik's and Niniimaa's game not being up to par and I think it's just taking a little time for them to re-adjust to the trapping sytle of play. But it seems like they are looking more confident and comfortable each game.

Niniimaa is more used to the pond hockey mentality that is played in Edmonton. Likewise Hamrlik was always thinking offense first. As they learn to take care of their zones first and foremost, their offensive game will come back to them.

Martinek has looked solid as well.

Now guys like Mapletoft, Papineau, Weinhandl will get a chance to hold down the fort with added icetime.

I still don't see the Isles making a trade that will be too costly in terms of players and assets.

defense can only carry a team so far. i mean now with parrish out 8 weeks we NEED to get a foward. if the islanders cna get a decent winger or center off waivers ( audette sp? ) maybe he can fill in the void for now? hamer doesnt even have a goal this season. even if he scores it cannot make up for parrish ( who was making up for yashin ). We NEED a foward!