View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
You are talkin 2 maybe 3 times he didn't clear the zone in 4 games. He also skated through the crease with the puck on a giveaway, yet, he recovers maybe better than anyone on the backline. That's why I have no problems with the occasional gaffe. Other Dmen playing more minutes on our side have had bigger problems with this.

Not a physical brute but man has he been aggressive, good at taking away time and space from the Caps forwards.
It's been more than 2 or 3 times. He's had plenty of opportunities to get the puck out of the zone on a long shift, and instead of dumping it out, he's tried to make a weak rim-pass around the boards to the far wing that results in the winger getting pinned with the puck because the defender can close on him before the puck arrives. At that point, I'd rather see him ice the thing than fail to clear.

But again, I'm not saying the guy has been bad. I think his play has been quite good overall and that, along with his physicality, has more than made up for the mistakes he's made, but the mistakes are what prevents me from saying "great" in the series.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote