View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 03:22 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
Your entire argument is based on Societal interference on public health.
You may not agree with it.. but accept it because it's happening and it's going to keep happening.

Your options are
1) run for office, win, dismiss all public safety laws. You can't be picky with the philosophy you've chosen. They all have to go. Bike helmets, Seat Belts.
2) try and vote some guy in who'll do the same.
3) leave.. go to a country that doesn't have them. I couldn't even tell you which ones don't.

I can handle the argument that in the end the concussion thing may be overblown. They're pretty rare and there's barely a child out there that suffers any long term effects. That may be true and if it is then perhaps this decision is erring too much on the side of caution. Some scientists/doctors are always preaching holy mother of god the end is coming. It definitely has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Not just public health, but all areas of life. I like my freedom. I dont care for bureaucrats dictating what I can or cant do.

If the argument is contact (hitting) in hockey causes brain injuries, and that is not an acceptable risk, then hitting should be mandated out of the game at all levels.

I dont understand how some can say not in Pee Wee, but its ok for Bantam or whatever. That seems like an asinine argument to me.

Again, I see nothing wrong with giving people the choice to do what they see fit. And if they decide to hop back and forth between the two streams, then again, that is their choice. People should have the freedom to choose. Not have the choice decided for and dictated to them by others. The role of govt in society should be to provide services and infrastructure. Not to impinge on individuals personal liberty.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote