View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 03:55 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmo65 View Post
I think people have to listen to other radio broadcasts before they start knocking RJ. I absolutely love RJ and can easily follow the play on the radio. It will be great if the radio and TV get split as I think those really are two different mediums and deserve two different announcers.

Listening to the Pens broadcast, I rarely can follow the play. I loved the call where there was a penalty and I didn't even know they dropped the puck because the announcers were talking about something useless.
What I've noticed (listening to a lot of radio broadcasts of games via Tune in app) is there are few who sound passionate. They do PxP in a "matter of fact" info supplying way. The only time the pace or sound of their voice punctuates the play is a goal or a huge hit/save. It's rather boring at times and has lead to losing my attention for several minutes. RJ, although declining, holds my attention from puck drop to end buzzer. It's the product on the ice that has lead to losing my attention for a few minutes from time to time

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote