View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 03:53 PM
West Coast Bias*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*

Chris Kunitz / Sidney Crosby / Martin Havlat
James Neal / Evgeni Malkin / Jarome Iginla
Patrick Marleau / Joe Pavelski / Drew Stafford
Raffi Torres / Jussi Jokinen / Pascal Dupuis

Brandon Sutter

Kris Letang / Brooks Orpik
Marc-Edouard Vlasic / Matt Niskanen
Douglas Murray / Henrik Tallinder

Deryk Engelland / Mark Eaton

Antti Niemi
Tomas Vokoun

First off, congrats to Produce for doing Produce-like things to overcome vetoes, fleece other teams, and reach the ECF. He's done an admirable job with the team, considering that it's a lot easier to win in these games with the Pens and the Hawks than with the Habs.

However, I think that the Pens are a clear cut above the opposition. Sidney Crosby is the best player in the league, and the forward group as a whole matches up very favorably with Montreal's forwards. In particular, the Marleau-Pavelski-Stafford line has the ability to dominate their 3rd line counterparts, and the 4th line of Torres-Jokinen-Dupuis combines immense offensive talent with immeasurable grit.

The Canadiens' defense and goaltending is another area of concern. My defensive group has far more playoff experience than Produce's group, and Vezina nominated/Stanley Cup champion goalie Antti Niemi has proven to be more steady and reliable than Carey Price.

My team was voted first in the conference for a reason, and I hope that you'll all vote for my squad again in this series.

Vote