View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 06:27 PM
avsfan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible View Post
You brought the notion of "facts" into this conversation. I simply stated the facts and as we have both said the facts are based off of a small sample size. Facts really have nothing to do with projecting what a player may turn out to be. Projections are mostly based on opinions and not really facts but you wanted to go to the facts.

You can project Barrie or Elliott to be whatever you'd like but in my opinion I think they are both being over-hyped by a lot of people on HFBoards. I see them to be OK offensively but nothing special and a bit below average defensively.
I was impressed with both of them defensively. They made a few mistakes but they both displayed good stick skills and made some nice stops this year. I think Elliott must have worked on his defensive game in the AHL. He looked at the end of the year defensively than he did last year.

They will be extremely valuable players not because they are great defensively but because they manage the puck well(which leads to offense).
I can't explain it any better than this article:http://www.jibblescribbits.com/2013-...ncompoops.html

They may be slightly below average at the moment but they won't be in future. They, like every other young player to ever play in the league will refine their games.

Edit: They may have only impressed me defensively because of two years of O'byrne, Hunwick, SOB and a year of Zannon.

Last edited by avsfan09: 05-09-2013 at 06:38 PM.