Thread: Derek Dorsett
View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Generally guys who don't fight often don't fight well. Even some who do fight often don't fight well. When you have a roster full of guys who hardly ever drop the gloves then when something happens they keep their gloves on. Then there are the size mismatches--Prust for example--a great fighter for his size--but not really able to handle a much bigger Lucic or a Boulton.

As an example--at least a majority here remember Gaborik being mugged by Carcillo. It fell to the much maligned (in some quarters) and much smaller Sean Avery to extract some revenge and he did well to hang in with the much bigger Carcillo but there was a profound sense afterwards that the team team couldn't take care of its own and before the year was over we said hello to Prust and also hello to Jody Shelley. Rangers weren't tough enough--it's very unlikely you'll win in the playoffs if you're not tough enough.

It's a matter of other teams respecting you--not taking extra liberties with your better players. If your tough guys can play a bit that's best of all. Apart from Ryane Clowe, Arron Asham and Derek Dorsett nobody on this current Rangers team is capable of much more than a bit of pushing and shoving--maybe Newbury. I'm sorry to have to break this to some people here but Callahan is not a fighter--neither is Boyle or anyone on our D. One of these days McIlrath should make an appearance and hopefully be a key contributor on the ice somewhat in the same way that Lucic is a key contributor for the Bruins--albeit different positions.
Boyle. i hate when he fights although i do love that he shows heart and willing to stick up if something happens. i wish some other leaders would do this. but how can a guy be that big at 6'7 and be not strong enough to win a few fight.. is his balance that bad or is he not that strong for a big guy