View Single Post
Old
05-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

vCash: 500
Who's to stay and who's to leave?

Which player would you expect to not come back next season?

Players to leave next season (for ME, THIS IS MY OPINION)

Negatives:
-Moen(Do I really need to explain?)
-Desharnais(Needs to be traded, to small to compete in the playoffs, in a small team anyways)
-Budaj(horrible performance in game 4 and 5, solid in the regular season, would keep if no better options are available)
-Ryder(Can't afford, also small, no character, 1 dimensional, disappeared towards the end)
-Bouillon(solid player, but age and size hurts the habs)
-Armstrong( I'm against the idea of a 4rth liner who can't score, skate, pass, hit, and fight)
-Weber(too small, 1 dimensional)
-Kaberle(buyout)

Players I would call a few GM's and see what their market value is for further evalutions:

-Pacioretty(young player, very talented, but lack of effort and grit is a big question mark going forward, specially in the playoffs, would not trade unless a good offer was proposed)
-Gorges(played solid for the past few years, but hard a difficult season, too soft for a defenceman going forward)
-Diaz( Difficult end of season and playoffs, undersized d-man could hurt the team in the playoffs long-term)
-Price( I KNOW, he's an elite talent blah blah blah, did not show up the last 2 months, never won a playoff round, shades of Fleury and Luongo, would look at market-value)
-Markov(age is really catching up, did bad playoffs towards the end of the season, and in the playoffs, shades of Kaberle)
-White(Always been a fan of him, bad luck this season, would give the kid another go, but is expendable)
-Gionta(age is catching up, not the same player)
-Plekanec(Did show up in the playoffs, but did not produce, solid player but either him or DD has to go, we are too small down the middle and Galchenyuk and Eller are stepping up)

Positives:

-Galchenyuk(exceptionable talent, looked like our best forward in game 4 and towards the end of the season)
-Gallagher(big surprise of the season, looked solid throughout the playoffs)
-Bourque(looked good in the playoffs, hopefully keeps on playing like that)
-Tinordi(played like our 2nd best d-man in the playoffs)
-Subban( did not like his attitude in the playoffs but played well despite having an alright end of the season, lots of room for improvement which is scary)
-Prust(our leader on and off the ice, type of player we needed, and still need more of)
-Eller(played like our 2nd best center for the entire season, is big and strong, still young, lots of room for improvement)

MY line-up for next season (IF I WAS GM AND COACH, THIS IS PURELY MY OPINION)

Bourque-Plekanec-Clarkson
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Clowe-Eller-Gionta(could be replaced)
(insert HW/Prust type of player)-Prust-White(or HW/Prust type of player)

Tinordi-Subban
Markov(expendable)-Emelin
Beaulieu-(physical 6'2+ right handed d-man via trade)

Price
Budaj(Or another backup)

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote