Old
05-10-2013, 01:09 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Exactly.

How hard is it for people to actually be aware of the present agreement on the table while wading into the debate?

Its laughable That Katz has the naming rights for a building he doesn't own and a building he doesn't front one dime in.

Even worse, the amount that Katz puts in annually is barely more than what he can make on naming rights and the 2M/yr "advertising" payback the city is giving him for the first 10yrs.

Its quite conceivable that Katz will be out of pocket 1M/year for the first 10 years.

On an arena project worth 600M and for which he gets all revenue from all events.

Yet Katz was demanding MORE than this deal. lmfao
So you don't consider the $145M to purchase the Oilers, along with a $100M investment into the arena "not a single dime"? Yet you're parading around complaining about nickles and dimes that come from the taxpayers pothole fund it's going to take to complete it?

Your argument has always been steeped in some ulterior motive. There is no rational discourse about the arena without these hyperbolic claims such as in your post I quoted.

I have no idea what your beef is with not supporting a joint project between Katz and the City in regards to a world class arena that is a major step in modernizing the city, but I have a feeling that you've taken it personal. There is no way someone who believes themselves to be logical to engage in such illogical and emotionally fueled rhetoric.

This isn't a project that screws anyone. Katz collects the revenue to keep the Oilers in Edmonton; it has to be done otherwise this team will not be able to remain competitive. This benefits the city because it involves the community on top of a revitalization project. The increased tax revenue alone is worth it not to mention the property values that will skyrocket. The people enjoy the pride of probably one of if not the best arenas in the world that houses a team with some incredible history with an owner that's committed to winning. And all you can do is sit there and moan and complain about tax dollars this and greedy Katz that. Stop being bitter and embrace what this will do to Edmonton.