View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 07:38 AM
begbeee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namejs View Post
Slovaks were not dominant in the first period. The game was very close, with chances on both ends. We were dominating physically throughout the game.

No one here has implied that Latvia is on the same level as Slovakia. So great straw-man there. What I said was that Slovakia has dropped in the rankings and is roughly on the same level as Switzerland now. Switzerland is progressing, Slovakia is regressing. Latvia is a level below both Switzerland and Slovakia, just like Denmark or Norway, for example. Latvia has been pretty stagnant for the last 20 years.

The difference between Switzerland and Slovakia is that the Swiss are humble and weren't confident about getting a QF berth after their first couple of wins, while Slovakia expects to steamroll everyone who's lower in the rankings and can't cope with a loss, rationalizing it with incompetent refereeing and luck.
I listen about Switzerland progress 15 years since 1998. And you know what? Slovakia WC record since 1998 is 1-2-1 and 4th on Olympics, with some decent results in U18 and U20 here and there.
Tell me more about the same level, please

In fact, there is Big7, like it or not. Slovaks were ranked 5th before championship, not even the last place from Big7, altough I agree in fact we are the weakest member. But there is still a difference between next level countries and Slovaks.

Congrats to your win, but let's not pretend like Latvia is going to medal and Slovaks is going to be relegated. This would be bad season WC for us at worst, Latvia can still very easily play in 1. division next year.

EDIT: If you really want to speak about nations which made a strong progress in hockey, speak about Danemark. Not Latvia (getting worse), Switzerland (always the same).

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote