Thread: Speculation: UFA Thread
View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Persona5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. He isn't burried behind first liners, he's playing along side them. The Lucic-Krejci-Horton line has been the Bruins' top line for years. He gets more offensive zone time than anyone, and does so with elite linemates. The Bergeron line takes the tough matchups night in and night out, leaving Horton's group to take on the secondary opposition. He gets less total icetime than the rest of Boston's top 6 forwards, but two of those forwards play significant PK time (where Horton is not asked to kill penalties).

I can't imagine Horton ever being in a better situation than he's currently in with Boston, and I don't think an extra 1:00 - 1:20 of icetime per game is going to result in much more production, if any.

Even when he was a Panther, he was only ever effective when on Weiss' line. When he played with anybody else, he was a disaster. Horton can be a nice complimentary piece, but if you're looking for a guy who can lead the charge and be a difference maker (which is how you'd have to pay him), I'd look elsewhere.
I agree with you and it's why I would rather go after Stalberg than Horton. They both are big and play physical. The difference to me is Stalbberg has more speed.