View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
If we go into next season with the same D we had this year, then we're off to a bad start.

Dump Kaberle, dump Weber - heck, dump Diaz or even Markov. Bouillon should go pound salt. I knew losing Emelin was tough, but the guy's a #4 D-Man. We shouldn't fall to pieces with just him out, but because he's our only physical guy (before Tinordi, and Subban only chips in infrequently) then it was a bigger loss than it should be.

We need a guy who can be strong, play the body, and insulate Subban - dare I say, like a Marc Methot?
So let's dump everybody? What's your plan to replaced all these "dumped" players.

I'm not suggesting they bring back the whole D. Kaberle has to be bought out. Weber needs a fresh start somewhere where his skillset is the right fit. Tinordi I think he isn't ready and this series exposed him quite a few times. Let him play another yaer AHL, he can be called up for injuries or if his game takes a huge step forward.
Diaz I don't see any good reasons to move him. Pateryn could also be a factor next year.

Getting Emelin back plus adding a big stay at home guy(Regehr? Fistric?) brings us to the right mix.