Thread: Player Discussion: Michael Del Zotto
View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 09:01 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Seems to me they would be in even better shape if they just hung onto Del Zotto.
I would rather have a power forward like Simmonds or someone like that and have the d I proposed. You were just looking at the defense without looking at the return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
If Moore's offense is in the neighborhood of Del Zotto's--he's going to be a better player. The one thing Del Zotto seems to have over the other defensemen is he's a lot calmer with the puck running the pwp.

Those who say they wouldn't move Del Zotto (we aren't married to these guys are we?)--well it depends on the return.

Del Zotto is sometimes a good player in his own end--still being young he'll probably get better--how much is a question. He's never going to be a stud in his own end. Compare him to Zubov?--I really wouldn't. Zubov's first full season he had 90 points. He was playing with Messier and Leetch amongst others but even so--that's at least two full seasons of production for MDZ. Zubov was a little bigger, stronger, steadier in his own end and had a lot better shot. Zubov's main problem was he'd play soft at times. He wasn't very aggressive or physical. Del Zotto is a bit more naturally competitive.

I'm not in a hurry to get rid of MDZ. I'm fine with him returning to the fold next year--but if the right deal came along I would move him.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Right, so if one person gets hurt we're stuck with 2 players playing 5 minutes a night instead of the current one that we have right now....

Yes, our defense is a position of strength, but its not a position of depth right now at the NHL level.
Considering both Moore, MDZ, McDonagh, Girardi and Stralman have played top-4 minutes in the playoffs and with Staal having an entire off-season to heal and rest he should be back.