Thread: Confirmed with Link: Lundqvist named Vezina Trophy finalist
View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake or Death View Post
Not disagreeing: he was ridiculous. I simply don't think he was ridiculous enough to create a new precedent and be that first guy that wins a Vezina on a non-playoff team. I also think we're spoiled watching Lundqvist be so good every year that we forget how damn good he is, but he also was ridiculous quite often and had an amazing season overall.
I'm not saying anything against Hank, and I have a feeling he may win the award on reputation alone. That said, I think if the award does go to Bob, there can be no complaints. You can definitely make an argument he was the best goalie this year...which, after all, is the whole point of the award.

I guess I just don't understand why fans (not just Ranger fans...all fans...in all sports) get so hung up on whether their guy wins an individual award. The only award I'm hung up on a Ranger winning is the Conn Smythe...because it means we probably won the Cup! The rest is just window dressing.

If anything, you can make an argument that another Vezina (or two) for Hank will wind up costing the Rangers more salary cap room in his next contract.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote