View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 10:53 AM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy11 View Post
I don't understand why people are saying we get no higher than 25th. Correct me if I'm wrong but with 14 teams not making the playoffs, us bowing out in the first round and 7 other teams not making the second round. Wouldn't that put us between 15th and 22nd pick? Now I understand it would then be how we placed in the regular season and since we did pretty well and won our division we would probably have around 21st pick. Is that not right?
No thats not right, and for the 250th time in the last few pages of this thread, there are rules in place that place division winners higher, even if they get knocked out in the 1st round.

MTL and Van were knocked out, and since MTL had a better record as a division winner, they get the lowest pick of the division winners (26th overall) and we get 25th.

Record doesn't matter if you win the division. Canucks will be picking 25th. The only way that changes is if Anaheim and Pittsburgh somehow lose their series' that they are both currently up 3-2 in. I don't see that happening. IF it did, we'd move up to 23rd.