View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 10:07 AM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
No.

I hope the KHL pays him 2-3 million per season, because he is easily worth that in KHL. Honestly I hope the Jets trade him to a place where he has a real chance, since I think he can be a real quality NHLer, at very least in a Karlis Skrastins () type role. He clearly wants to prove himself in NA with his 2 years OHL experience on ATL recommendation + FOUR years AHL experience + RESIGNING with the team that cast him aside in WPG.

I know those of us that know me know that I have been waiting to comment on this thread. I still have absolutely NO doubt this guy is an NHLer. I was really really disappointed in Noel's handling of this guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries56 View Post
I agree completely. I think Kulda could do very well in the NHL... With Hainsey and Clitsome on the way to free agency, Kulda should be brought back and given a legitimate chance. I would be surprised if Kulda wasn't better than Postma, he seems better in his own end and is actually putting up points where ever he plays. (9g 15p in 50 games in the KHL, 1g 1a in 4 games for Latvia at the WC while being second on the team in ice time)
Agree strongly that he is an NHL calibre defenceman and leaving him out of the lineup is the coaching decision that I had the most trouble with this past season. In fact, right now I have Kulda pencilled in as our #2 LHD beside Bogo (with whom he excelled in Junior) next season. If the Jets can sign him to a 1-way contract at 1-1.5 mill they will be getting a bargain, because he has all of Hainsey's defensive assets, while being tougher and younger. The fact that he has also scored aa goal in the last 2 years makes him an offensive powerhouse next to Hainsey, but that is not what the Jets need from him. (That is why comparisons to Postma are not that relevant--Postma, as an offensive RHD, is exactly what the Jets don't need.)
I will be royally pissed off if the Jets lose Kulda, but I don't believe the rumours, nor do I believe that Chevy & Co. are that dumb....are they?

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote