View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Man, too mant posters here are getting their feathers ruffled over Hall's ice time. It's TEAM Canada and I'm sure Taylor Hall is happy to be there playing for the country.

It's almost embarrassing the amount of butt hurt that is going on on these boards regarding him.

Why do people complain so much?
But it's not simply Hall's ice time, although that's tied to the position they have him playing.
Hall is not a 3rd line player. Neither is Eberle. Duchesne is more flexible and can fit on all 3. If the team wants to win, and I have to assume it does, you put the players on the 3rd line that are better suited for it. Pretty simple. Those 3rd line players on this particular team are Read, Simmonds and J Staal.
Hall, Duchesne and Eberle should be the 2nd line and be getting 2nd PP time. There's no doubt in my mind that the production from the top lines would increase with this scenario.

Canada has some great offensive players and they've gotten away with the lines they have (except against the Swiss) but it will only get tougher going forward.

I just don't have a good feeling about the mix the way it is but I guess we'll see if Ruff is right. If they don't win the gold, or at least the silver, with the current skill available, it's all on the coaching staff.

Last edited by Oilfan2: 05-10-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote