Old
05-10-2013, 11:18 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
No.

I hope the KHL pays him 2-3 million per season, because he is easily worth that in KHL. Honestly I hope the Jets trade him to a place where he has a real chance, since I think he can be a real quality NHLer, at very least in a Karlis Skrastins () type role. He clearly wants to prove himself in NA with his 2 years OHL experience on ATL recommendation + FOUR years AHL experience + RESIGNING with the team that cast him aside in WPG.

I know those of us that know me know that I have been waiting to comment on this thread. I still have absolutely NO doubt this guy is an NHLer. I was really really disappointed in Noel's handling of this guy.
I'm a Kulda fan too, but I don't think it is that drastic.

First of all, we don't know where Kulda would have spent last season if there wasn't a lockout.

Second, while I agree that Kulda probably could play here, but I don't see him stepping in and getting tough minutes right away. I see him as a longer term piece that a must have right now kind of player. Plus the Jets were and are already set to break in a bunch of youngsters. I see it as a dilly of a pickle.

What I see as ideal...

Scenario 1:
The Jets blow their FA wad on forwards and a quality backup goalie then they sign Kulda to a cap friendly 1-way deal. In this scenario Hainsey and Clitsome are goners.

This leaves the Jets with Buff-Toby-Bogo-Stu-Redmond-Postma-Kulda-Trouba or 3 (almost 4) ROOKIES and a struggle to keep them all busy.

Scenario 2:
The Jets bring back Clitsome and/or add a better FA piece who would likely slot in ahead of Kulda short term. In this scenario the Jets qualify Kulda and keep his rights. He goes back to the K and figures back into the mix next year when Stu's deal is up. At this point on of Redmond, Trouba and Postma has stepped up into a bigger role and the Jets aren't breaking in 4 young D men at the same time. This also protects Kulda from waivers.

This scenario leaves the Jets with Buff-Toby-Bogo-UFA/Clitty-Stu-Postma-Redmond-Trouba next year.

Of course a trade involving Buff or Postma opens things up a little, but I don't have an issue with either scenario.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote