View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 11:00 AM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Better than Postma or not, postma still has plenty of upside and I want the Jets to keep and develop all of them. Owning the rights to a better developed Postma, Redmond and Kulda is better than just having any two. Even if Kulda makes more sense for the team long term, Postma can be built into a desirable, tradable asset.

As for the #2LD thing... Maybe, but he isn't proven in the NHL and we are kidding ourselves if we think Noel ices him ahead of Stu right away.
I don't disagree with the first part--develop our stable of RHDs and make a strategic trade, as we simply have too many of them.
Re the second part, again, I can't disagree that Kulda is an NHL neophyte, but he has really excelled in the KHL and I believe the assets that allowed a big, tough, smart D to do so will be more translatable to our smaller ice surface than those of, eg, a small, fast forward. The other reason for my high ranking of him is that our LHD cupboard is, simply, quite bare. Stuart, most would agree, has peaked as a third pairing D with heart; and Clitsome, at the age of 28, played above his level, but still projects as a #3D with upside. Who is left?

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote