View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Bobblehead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallydull View Post
I don't have a political agenda though, I'm not sure where you got that from.
Maybe agenda wasn't the right word. Maybe belief or position would have been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallydull View Post
I never said that any decision by a governing body is an infringement, I think that this case is. A small but important distinction

I think your examples above are quite a bit off the scale compared to contact vs. no-contact hockey though - just an opinion.

Its been Hockey AB mandate since it formed to regulate all hockey. They brought in mandatory helmets, no checking from behind (among others changes). I don't think the examples are way of the scale. The spirit of the decisions is the same. Protect people from themselves. But we can agree to disagree.

One question:
No one seems to complain about the no-touch icing in minor hockey, but NHL has it. That's in there for the greater good and safety of our kids.... but its not "real hockey". When Little Johnny makes the NHL, how he going to knwo the safe way to race for a puck without getting injured like Taylor Fedun. How is he going to know not to but his stick in Fedun's skates like Nystrom. Maybe we should get rid of no-touch icing in minor hockey too?

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote