View Single Post
Old
09-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Ti-girl

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
I'm just going to put my 2 cents in.

If the girls high school team isn't at the same level as them, why not let them play with the guys?

I played on the BOYS baseball team up until I was 18. There were fastball teams for me to play with but I was better than any of the girls I played with. I loved it. They pushed me to be a better player and I am a better player because of it.

I also played boys hockey. I changed in my change room then went into the guy's room for the pre game speech. Big deal.

The thing is, boys and men have more muscle mass and natural strength than girls. But, if there are girls that are able to compete then let them. Should I have played girls softball just because I was a girl?
I did for 2 years. I hated it. No one could catch the balls that I threw, the first year I played I batted over .700 with just about 90 RBIs. It wasn't a team game anymore, it was "lets see how many hits I can get in a game."

When I moved to the guy's team it was way more of challange. It allowed me to hone my skills and to have FUN. Do I regret not playing girls ball? Never.

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote