View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
Like I said, I am not saying Berlund is necessarily the answer (although I think hes an intriguing option and is getting severely underestimated here by many).

But if the goal is to make moves that can start improving this team starting, rolling the dice on the 7th overall when there is a deal for a guy like Berglund on the table is short sighted.

Hell, even if you don't end up moving Gagner after you acquire Berglund, having RNH, Gagner and Berglund down the middle looks a hell of a lot better than what we have now plus a lotto ticket in whoever we pick at 7.
At the same time you could say having a guy like Darnell Nurse stepping into the line-up in two years looks a lot better than Berglund walking as a UFA in two years.

I think MacT is going to have to be pretty careful. He needs to improve the team drastically, but he can't go into "win-now mode" and give up too many futures.

I don't think the team is at a point where they should be making a move like 7OV for Berglund just yet. If Berglund does walk when he becomes a UFA, you might only get one play-offs out of him. Maybe none at all.

It just seems a little too desperate to me.