View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Millpool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
How can people say that the bridge contract was a mistake is beyond me. Bergevin put Subban into his place saying he's not more important than the team and then when Subban came back he had a perfect attitude, always talking of the team instead of himself, being very commited to play the system and had a monster season to prove he is worth what he was asking for. And we got a bargain for this year and next.

Tell me how this is different from what Bergevins envisioned when he gave him a bridge contract. What was he hoping for? That Subban sucked this year so he can then sign him for 3 mil per for 6 years???

Yeah maybe Myers was overated and Subban is much better. Bergevin just wanted to be sure of this and of Subban's attitude before he gave him this contract. Now you sign him for 6 or 7 million per who cares, now YOU KNOW he's worth it.
This. This is exactly what was supposed to happen. I agree with the bridge philosophy and think this is a shining example of why it's a good idea. It was reinforced that Subban is part of the TEAM, and he came out and proved what an important part of that team he is. You can't think MB was hoping to now get him at a bargain-basement price. He just wanted to know that this would be the right place to spend all that money. And it seems to be.

Millpool is offline   Reply With Quote