View Single Post
05-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Summer Grilling
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Hoping you're not serious here. How long has Murray been GM in Ottawa? Bergevin has said and recognized all along that he needed to add character and grit to last years' line-up and he added Prust, Bouillon and Armstrong and by doing so, the team went from 15th to 2nd in the East and that, in his first year as the Habs' GM. He was in on Clowe until the price got ridiculously high and he tried to pick-up Sestito off waivers for free, but the Canucks picked him ahead of him.

I have a feeling that your statement was made out of frustration and that you might re-think it when the puck drops next fall... I do trust that Bergevin will address this issue.
There is a reason I said Murray "out-GMed" Bergevin on the Do We Need An Enforcer? Thread.

The Habs were grossly out-muscled. Our skill players slashed, cross-checked, slammed to the ice, etc. and the Habs did not respond. We didn't respond because we have no one capable of a response.

Murray saw what the Bruins and Leafs were doing to get tougher. Despite having a heavy on the team with Neil, he went out and got Kassian for free. He was simply being proactive and keeping up with other teams in the East.

Bergevin saw all of this and did nothing. "Trying" is an excuse for losers. Results are what matters.

Kassian played the role he was given. The Sens collectively played their roles well. Their overall skill and yes, toughness, wore down the Habs.

Bergevin will have every chance to learn from this and improve this team. But in this series and in just looking at the dynamics of just these two teams, Murray wins hands down.

Hope you understand what I am saying. Comprehension on this thread is sorely lacking.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote