View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 02:00 PM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
The whole bridge contract thing was just a matter of sticking to club's MO was it not?
Maybe. That's what was said. I don't really have any reason to believe there were other reasons, but MB could have been embellishing the truth here. There's what is being said to the public and what is the real truth.

But if that's purely because of a club modus operandi, some type of unwritten rule... then it's stupid. You gotta make room for exceptions. There are exceptions to every rule.

Quote:
I don't think you need to worry about bad blood... I mean, I wouldn't have had a problem if they locked him up long-term but at the same time, I respect the club's right to adhere to certain policies or principles in contract negotiations.
Did you hear Subban's comments in the medias right before our big slump ? He sounded pretty bitter about how he was treated. He said he took notes on who questioned him and he remembers. He sounds like a guy who has a long memory. I just hope that he truly has an allegiance to the habs.

****ing medias. They were so dumb last summer and when he was holding out. Turned the fans against him too.

Quote:
At the end of the day, Subban is among the most talented hockey players in the world right now and likely will be at the end of his contract and will be paid accordingly. It will be a much easier negotiation in that sense.
I said last summer that Subban was MB's easiest no brainer move of the summer. But instead he turned it into a circus hold out. What we see as the easy thing... can turn out differently than we thought I guess.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote