View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 03:37 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
Lots of franchises... in fact two of the most successful ones of the last 25 years; Detroit and New Jersey, operate under strict club policies so while I agree exceptions should be made, I respect the right for teams to stick to principles. I don't think you can say that a guy sticking to his principles in a negotiation is ever "wrong"... that's how negotiations work.
No negotiations work because you make compromises and you find a common ground. Which is what we saw when lock out was resolved. Compromise. PKs contract talks was no negotiation, it was basically MB gave out number and waited for PK to sign.
Which is basically how next contract talks will be, except PK will be in MB shoes. And if MB don't like it, arbitration 1 year, then go fetch UFA money and choose a team that's already built to win.

Sticking to principles and ideas is bad way of negotiating. Its all about NOT sticking to your principles and all about being able to understand the other party's principles, making the other party understand what your needs and principles are and finding a middle ground.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote