View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 02:54 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

vCash: 500
I don't buy the McPhee Fired Hunter theory AT ALL. Every available quote/behavior/contract detail suggests DH was ambivalent at best about leaving Knights and living in DC full time.

Even the cited comment about McPhee telling DH he wanted more O the next season equally supports the idea that Hunter himself, already ambivalent about signing on long-term, decided he and GMGM would have different philosophies and it wasn't worth sticking aound. Maybe DH is waiting to be invited back as both coach and GM. Who knows?

Similarly, i don't see anything about Wilson getting a sweater that smells like GMGM interference. Were Volpatti, Crabb or Wolski big difference makers during their spells on the bottom lines? I disagree that AV was 'phenomenal.' He was fine, that's all. And now the Caps are looking for something better than fine, looking for a spark. The kid is 6'4" and likes to hit. It's not rocket science to see that we don't have a boatload of those players available in our system. (Apart from Plus Fiddy, of course.)