View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Millpool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
....Is this because we'll have $2 million or so less cap space every single year for the next 5 or 6 years?

I guess this new math isn't my thing because I thought if we had more cap space it would be easier to construct a whole roster. Who knows, maybe in a couple of years, I'll get "it".

To me the bridge deal was a stupid thing and I wanted to sign him to Markov-type money instead of what transpired.
Ultimately I don't believe $2 million should make the difference between contending and not. And it saved us more cap space than that in these first two years, which is important when deciding on the structure of your team. Now there is time to get rid of bad contracts and there will be plenty of money for PK on the other end.

I don't understand this mindset. If you really want a player on your team, and you think he's worth $7 million per, what's the problem with paying him $7 million per? Sure, you might have had him for a little less, but I have no issue with giving him the money he's earned.

Millpool is offline   Reply With Quote