Thread: Speculation: UFA Thread
View Single Post
05-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Dave is a killer
Dave's a Mess
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Who are you going to pick up in that range that costs us nothing asset-wise? Sure, we'd take Martin St Louis for 5.5m, but we'd have to give up Josi+ in the process.

If Horton can put up 25-30 goals with some big body play (not to be confused with major physical presence), he'd well worth 4-5m. We are a goal starved team at he's a proven mid-level goal scorer, but certainly not elite. If he was elite, you're looking at 7m+.

I'd take both Staalberg and Horton at $9m total. Both are entering their prime, and are the right age vets to add to a rebuilding team.

Get rid of SK, Gaustad. That's only a net add of $3m and a significant upgrade.

Get rid of Gill. Target Douglas Murray and maybe Babchuk-- different players but both would fill needs on D.

Keep eyes open for other guys who become available with salary cam purge. There are other guys we can cut too. If we add Stallberg and Barkov, we'll have a surplus of centers and can move at least one pricey one.
UFA to be David Clarkson ... I loved the way the dude played last year ... I think he'll get 4-5, and I would cry tears of joy if we were able to get him, Barkov & a UFA Dman (who may be bought out or trade for another top 4 dman, tbqh, I think we only have 3 top 4 Dmen), can always use Radulov as a chip wrt upgrading our back-end