View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 09:53 PM
IronMarshal

vCash: 500
My two cents, probably not worth two cents.
FWIW: I have never seen any of these guys play (other than video clips) and base my assessment on what I have read (and seen in a few clips).
My top four are not really different than most people:
1. Jones
2. Drouin (I think he looks superior to MacKinnon as a scorer, hands and hockey sense)
3. MacKinnon
4. Barkov
After those I am focusing on the Flyers pick and would choose players in this order if they fell to number 11.
1. Nurse
If I were Holmgren, that is how I would rank them. After those 4, I would go for Nurse. I know this is not where most people would go, thinking BPA, but the Flyers D need is so great, and I do not think the other forwards are necessarily going to be better than Nurse, who seems to excel defensively and on the PK, has a cannon shot, is a good passer out of the zone, is a strong mobile skater, very good fighter with leadership intangibles and a desire to improve. I think he is the perfecet pick for the Flyers.
2. Pulock
Most will disagree with this, but the Flyers biggest need is a dominant defenseman which I think Jones and Nurse will be. Barring that a power play QB and point shot is their biggest need IMO. Pulock looks like the man. Everything I read about him I like, Cannon shot, maybe THE cannon shot in this draft, good passer, skater, tremendous open ice hitter, and good at engaging the crease. High character player and leader.
As good as Nichushkin, Lindholm and Monahan are, I think Pulock is a far better fit for the Flyers. Fortunately, I think they will be gone before Pulock. Unfortunately, I think Nurse will be gone before the Flyers pick (thanks to their honest effort at the season's end - no Penguins these Flyers, no tank job).
Obviously after these two DMen, one would have to think about Nichushkin, Lindholm and Monahan.
Next up would be Zadorov.
Love his size and physical play. Good shot and mobility for size. I think he will be a fine player with a lot of upside.
Ristolainen would be next.
That would be 11 picks.
If they trade down and get two picks, a Dman like any of the above or Morin, Morrissey or Haag and maybe Manthato bolster the attack would be nice.
In the scond round, I really like Dillon Heatherington who could still be there (Theodore is another but I think he will be gone). I think Marc Olivier Roy is an interesting prospect there as well, and Ian McCoshen, should he fall to that spot (doubtful, but I did see him in a mock there).
I'd be ecstatic with Nurse, very happy with Pulock, and really would like one of those guys in the second round.
So that is my two cents, worth nothing.