Old
05-10-2013, 09:15 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's just silly.
Ya, you can doubt whether or not the Habs would have finished 1st. I seriously doubt you believed, if we go back to before the season, that this was a question you were gonna ask yourself come May.
How did MT get smoked? If Price doesn't crap the bed in game 1, we win. If the refs do their actual job in Game 4, we win. This series could have easily been 3-1 for us, and those aren't things Therrien had the power of changing.
Heck, even quite a few of the Sens players and coach said that we probably deserved a better fate and that Anderson was really the series changer.

You can hate having to use injuries as an excuse, but when you have 6 regulars out of your lineup, with a few more playing injured, you can expect to be affected.
And no, not every team has that many important players out. Here's the list:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries/

Now you can argue that we got injured because we're not big enough, and that would make sense if the guys injured would be small, but that's not the case.

In any event, this was a great season. For whatever reason, we suffered major injuries during the POs and faced arguably the best goalie of the NHL this year, it had nothing to do with being out coached.

Our team had a great year. The bar was very low seeing how we finished 28th last year. Now we finished 2nd, so expectations will be higher next season. We'll see how we do.
All the things you just said pretty much sum up the whole situation. They are all facts and they all fit together as clear as day. It shocks me that so many fans can't see that. A lot of people were thrashing all of our players in the GDT, trashing the coach, the system, every choice made since the dawn of time... fans booed, left before the end of the 3rd...

But a lot of fans were psyched when Martin was coaching the most boring and ineffective team on the planet that had no shot at going anywhere or do anything except on a miracle run like the one we went with Halak.

It's all just mind boggling to me.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote