Should The Habs Replace MT With Patrick Roy ?
View Single Post
05-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Or... we could keep Therrien?
- He coached a last place team to first in their division.
- He coached two young rookies who had the time to slowly adapt to the NHL level and become comfortable without being given too many roses.
- He brought back emotion to the dressing room.
- He held players accountable when they really messed up -- see White, for example.
- His benching and scratching of Eller is what made Eller the beast he turned into.
- His emphasis on playing as a team gave the Habs the chemistry they needed to be successful during the season.
Their playoff run only lasted five games but take into account that they suffered injuries that teams normally don't see after three or four games. Also remember, Ottawa was a seventh seed but that was without Spezza, Karlsson, Anderson and Michalek for long stretches. With three of them back in the line-up, they were a much better team than a 7th seed.
Head of Hockey Department
Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
View Public Profile
Crimson Skorpion's albums
Find More Posts by Crimson Skorpion