Thread: End of an era!
View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 09:24 PM
CanaFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
Making the playoffs how many times in the last 10 years? Is a winning culture, being a top team in the league for awhile and being among the leagues elite for a few years is a winning culture, not many teams have the wings track record.

I agree no team has the Wings winning culture, which is why I objected to the posters use of the Wings/Zetterberg as an example of not blowing up a winning team. Comparing us to the wings is dumb.

And no, I don't agree that making the playoffs for 5 years and 1 trip to the finals constitutes a "winning culture". Looking at the *way* we lost to Chicago in 2009 and 2010, then Boston in SCF and then the last two years I'd argue we DON'T have a winning culture. What we have is an entitled culture, that plays hard enough in the regular season then seems to think they can flip a switch in playoffs. The meltdowns against Chicago and Boston aren't the *way* you like to lose. I can respect a good effort and maybe a 1 goal loss. But in all of those series we absolutely fell apart in all key games, not to mention the lacklustre showing this year and last in the first round.

No, I'd argue our winning culture is a very thin one and largely based in regular season ...

CanaFan is offline   Reply With Quote