Old
05-10-2013, 10:55 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
I'm not going to agree to the original point, which was about controlling a rebound that he didn't cause. However, I'm getting really tired of Hank not melting pucks down and sometimes being the cause of the 50 second 5 on 5 power plays. Also, his glove hand is weak. He does not catch anywhere near the number of shots opposing goalies do, leading to more rebounds and continued pressure in the defensive zone.

That being said, HANK DID NOT COST THE RANGERS TONIGHT AT ALL!
Yep. This is a point I was going to make myself, actually. We always see people complaining about getting trapped in the zone. But Hank is not eating the puck up like he has done in the past. He's always been mediocre with rebounds, but he's been outright bad lately with them. It's getting our team tired, it's getting more shots on him, and it's hurting our offense as well.

If he can just get his rebound control back to mediocre it would be a huge help for this team. We'd still be trapped sometimes, but at least we could get a whistle at times.

I love Hank, but he has some very real flaws. I think the glove hand is just never going to improve, but I'd like to see his rebound control get back to what it was a couple of years ago.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote