Old
05-10-2013, 10:12 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Be careful. I said this about Richards the other day and got berated. As I said the other day Richards is the only guy on the powerplay who actually gets the puck and shoots. Everyone else is just standing in place looking around. When Richards has it on the point he fires it. It is ironic since he is a playmaker and not a goalscorer.
Lol, I could not care less if some n00b "berates" me for knowing more than he does. Not that big of a deal so I'm not really worried about that.

Pair Moore and Richards on the point and I think you have some good results. Richards and Moore have styles that, in theory, should go really well together. They both know when to shoot and both get good, hard, low shots on net. I like Moore's shot better, but Richards can feed him the puck as well.

And Moore is fast enough on the back-end to make up for Richards's lack of speed.

The problem is that the ****ing coaches won't do that. I am no Torts hater, but I cannot stand the stubbornness on PP pairings. Del Zotto CLEARLY does not work with Richards. It's painfully obvious. Torts changes up the lines all the time but for some reason we get the same, tired PP units time and time again. I don't really understand that. I mean, Sullivan is supposedly in charge of this stuff, but if that's actually the case? Maybe Torts needs to truly take over the reigns there. I don't really know, but we always get new lines 50 times during the game but we never really see different PP units.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote