View Single Post
Old
01-02-2004, 10:11 PM
ehc73

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Comrie's got some good linemates now. No offense to Ryan Smyth, but he's no Simon Gagne when it comes to putting the puck in the net(though they do play separate styles so I guess it isn't really fair to compare).
Sadly, Lowe couldn't make a trade that could help the Oilers NOW, which is what they really needed(hence the asking of the $2.5 million so Lowe could go out and sign another player). Instead, they got Woywitka, who could see some action in this season, but likely it'll have to be done through yet ANOTHER trade, which would probably see Brewer shipped out of Edmonton. Brewer seems to be the most marketable one.
Heck, best asset was Niinimaa but he went to Long Island for Brad "I'm so excited to play but I busted" Isbister and Raffi Torres. So now the Oil have no powerplay QB and with Oates not producing, they're still stuck in the land of No Playoffs.
Comrie is improving his market value and will likely sign another lucrative contract after this one is completed(though that does depend on what the new CBA brings forth). However, given how some players that jumped ship to other teams in the offseason have fared injury-wise, Comrie better have some kind of voodoo protectant. Oiler fans are gonna be stabbing with needles.