View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 10:24 PM
NCRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Take a look at when the dominating started. It started after they scored the tying goal. This team was just sunk by that and it completely tilted the ice to the Caps. We had a really solid 1st period, the 2nd started out OK but after that call? Complete domination. Was almost hard to watch at times.

I think we win this game if it's on home ice, to be honest. Not having the crowd behind them to help with that ******** penalty and ******** goal broke them mentally.

I'm mad that this team broke mentally after the last two games where they showed amazing mental strength.

FWIW, I thought we played a solid OT. It was back and forth and some of the best, most exciting hockey I have seen from any team in any year. It sucks to be on the losing end of that OT.
Completely agree. I also believe that the refs tilted the ice in the third, whether that was because they thought they called too many penalties on the Capitals or they made a decision to swallow their whistles. I believe that if a team continually gets away with interference and tripping, that team gets a lot of space and can tilt the ice with possession.

At the Garden, Washington wouldn't have gotten away with nearly as much crap as they did.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote