View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 10:26 PM
aaa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Not so sure about that. Boucher seems to coach only one system and it's a 1 high forechecker systeme while all the other plers wait at the blueline. A "Trapp+" if you will. I really don't think this is the type of game Bergevin wanted his team to play. He wanted something more offensively oriented than what Martin was coaching so no, I don't think he would have hired Boucher.
Good point. I agree Bergevin would probably not be a fan of another trapping system and I couldn't say for certain whether Boucher would've budged from employing that system had the timing worked out and he got the chance to interview for the job. I think Boucher would probably have to reassess his coaching strategy at this point to gel with Habs management but if he were willing to do that I think he would maximize the potential of these players more so than Therrien. I just feel like he can develop a Galchenyuk, Subban and Pacioretty whereas Therrien is more concerned with them not making mistakes. At the end of the day I have faith that Bergevin will do what's best for the team.

Last edited by aaa: 05-10-2013 at 10:31 PM.
aaa is offline   Reply With Quote