View Single Post
Old
05-10-2013, 11:25 PM
giza

vCash: 500
Postmortem thoughts

The Wild actually try to play a similar game to the Hawks. They simply didn't have the depth, experience or overall skill to do it nearly as well. They had to change their game a bit and be more physical, but this was the perfect opponent for the Hawks to have an easy first round. That said, this opponent did not prepare them for what's coming unless Detroit is the next opponent who, once again, plays a similar style game as the Hawks. It was fine for the Toews' line to not score as long as Koivu's line didn't as well which is exactly what happened. The Hawks have more scoring depth and better lines and the top lines more or less canceled each other out which worked out best for the Hawks, ultimately. Getting Bolland back healthy would help a lot even though he still doesn't do well in the face off circle. I could see Sharp-Bolland-Harp as a premiere shut down line and let Saad-Toews-Kane run with the offense in a series down the road. Keep the 3rd line as is and put the big Slovak on the 4th, I guess. I have to say though that defense wins Cups more often than not and the Hawks team D is good enough to win it this year. Roszival was an outstandingly quiet acquisition, Leddy has progressed and if Hjallmarsson can start to emulate Kronwall just a little, they'll be ready for all suiters. I hope Detroit takes out Anaheim as Anaheim probably has a lot of confidence after taking all 6 points from the Hawks in the regular season. I still think the Kings are the team to beat in the West.

giza is offline   Reply With Quote